how we're handling covid-19
at scenic city boot camp
On May 11th, we reopened Scenic City Boot Camp following new TN Phase 1 protocols. We have now resumed our normal class schedule in both our boot camp and transformation training classes while still following state mandates and safety/cleaning protocols. We can’t wait to see all our clients again and welcome those who are brand-new to the SCBC fam!
While it has been several months now since we re-opened our doors, if you are just getting started with us or thinking about joining our fitness family, here is some info we think you should know
In an effort to limit class size, you’ll need to reserve your spot in class online. You must be a member to do this. If brand new to Scenic City Boot Camp or have been here previously and wish to sign up, send us a text at (423) 870-6001. Members can reserve classes following these steps.
Our at-home ZOOM classes are held at: 12:15pm M/T/Th/F and 10am on Wednesdays for those members who wish to continue working out at home. All workouts are recorded and the videos are updated frequently so members can access workouts anytime when away from the gym.
If you have any COVID-related questions/concerns, please text the gym at (423) 870-6001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT EXTRA SAFETY MEASURES WILL SCENIC CITY BOOT CAMP BE DOING DURING THIS TIME?
EXIT/ENTRY PROCEDURES: We require temperature checks for everyone entering our facility. You’ll also need to wash or sanitize your hands before and after class, per TN guidelines. There will be no iPad check-ins at this time.
PHASE 1 GYM RESTRICTIONS: Showers, child care and drinking fountains are now available but we do require that all parents reserve childcare a few days in advance as we have a limit of 10 kids.
UPGRADED CLEANING SCHEDULE: Our facility is professionally cleaned by JaniKing and our mats are regularly deep cleaned and disinfected with a COVID-killing antistatic spraying solution. Equipment will be thoroughly disinfected throughout the day after each use. Members will be responsible for wiping down their equipment after each class (per TN guidelines). We’ve allowed for more time between sessions so we are able to clean equipment and our facility more effectively. This includes the regular cleaning of doorknobs, handrails, front desk area, and any other surfaces or objects (ex. pens) that are touched throughout the day. Our facility will also have a deep clean on a daily basis.
INCREASED VENTILATION: We will keep the gym well ventilated by opening the doors when appropriate and adjusting the air conditioning as needed to keep fresh air flowing in.
HAND SANITIZER & DISINFECTING WIPES: These items will be readily available for your use throughout the gym. All of the cleaning supplies we use are EPA-approved. All of our trainers will make sure that you wipe down the equipment you use after class and during sessions.
MASKS: While we do not require masks for training sessions, we do ask that you stay socially distanced if coming in and exiting the gym and if you are coming in for an appointment or in the lobby that you wear a mask.
HOW CAN I HELP KEEP THE GYM SAFE AND GERM-FREE FOR OTHER MEMBERS?
We are in this together, and we need YOUR help as we reopen to keep our facility as safe as possible.
1. Workout Shoes Only: We are asking that everyone use gym shoes only (no street shoes) in the facility. This will help avoid tracking in any germs or bacteria. Please bring a separate pair of sneakers that you only wear inside the gym.
2. Air High-Fives! As much as we LOVE hugs and high-fives, we’ll be doing air-high-fives for the time being.
3. Hand Washing: Please wash your hands (up to your elbows) for at LEAST 20 seconds BEFORE and AFTER your workout.
4. Keeping Equipment Clean: Please wipe down every piece of equipment each use (with our provided disinfectant wipes or sprays).
5. Please Stay Home If You’re Not Well: If you’re not feeling 100%, please stay home and rest or participate in our virtual sessions until you are feeling better. (Our team will also be following this policy!)
6. Please Avoid “Congregating” In Groups Before / After Class: We also are asking clients to avoid gathering in groups before, during, or after their workouts. Again, this is because of social distancing guidelines. If you arrive early for your workout, we ask that you stay in your car until it’s time to come in.
7. Bring a Water Bottle: Drinking fountains will be turned off during Phase 1 (per government regulations) so please plan accordingly.
Phew! That was a lot to cover! Please know the above may change slightly if government recommendations change or we feel the need to modify the schedule. Thank you so much for your patience as we navigate through the reopening.
We are truly flabbergasted by the amazing support, attitude, and adaptability our SCBC members showed during the shutdown. We could not have gotten through this without you and are eternally grateful for you. We will never forget it!
We can't wait to see you in the gym!
The Scenic City Boot Camp Team