how we're handling covid-19
at scenic city boot camp
official re-opening date: monday, may 11
As the government begins to reopen states around the country, our team at Scenic City Boot Camp wants to share with you our exact plans for reopening our facility. We can’t wait to see all our clients again and welcome those who are brand-new to the SCBC fam … while we've enjoyed training our members virtually the last 6 weeks, we're eager to see everyone in person!
The purpose of this page is for two reasons:
1. To share our plans for reopening the facility (woohoo!)
2. To share all of the extra preventative measures and precautions we are taking to keep our facility clean and our members healthy and safe!
Your health and safety are our #1 priority, and every decision we’ve made has been guided by that premise.
Based on member feedback, combined with government and CDC guidelines and Tennessee Pledge requirements, we’ve come up with our action plan for re-opening our facility.
SCENIC CITY BOOT CAMP REOPENING PLAN
Overview: We have a phased approach to reopening SCBC and we have planned our initial class schedule based on member and trainer feedback. Our gym re-opening date is Monday, May 11 to give us adequate time to prepare the gym under the new government guidelines posted a few days ago (we will continue the current Zoom schedule next week). We will start the first 2-3 weeks with a limited class schedule, while keeping ZOOM classes on the schedule for members working out at home.
Our gym class schedule will be as follows: 6:45am (Kevin), 9:20am (Rachel), 12pm (Rachel), 4pm (Amanda), 5:45pm TT (Roo), 6:10p (Amanda), 7:20p (Kevin) M-Th and 3p Sun (Kevin) *all classes Mon-Fri unless otherwise stated
In an effort to limit class size, you’ll need to reserve your spot in class online. You must be a member to do this. If brand new to Scenic City Boot Camp or have been here previously and wish to sign up, send us a text at (423) 870-6001. Members can reserve classes following these steps.
Starting May 11, our at-home ZOOM classes will be held at: 5:30am (Kevin), 8am (Rachel), 12pm (Amanda), 4:30pm (Roo), and 7pm M-Th (Roo). *all classes Mon-Fri unless otherwise stated.
The live stream workout recordings will continue to be posted daily as well.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a temporary start based on Phase 1 guidelines, as well as member feedback. When Tennessee moves to Phase 2, we will re-evaluate based on member feedback and government requirements.
If you have any questions re: SCBC'S Phase 1, please text the gym at (423) 870-6001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT EXTRA SAFETY MEASURES WILL SCENIC CITY BOOT CAMP BE DOING DURING THIS TIME?
Now that our plan is laid out, we want to make sure you know about all of the additional health and safety precautions we’re taking at Scenic City Boot Camp!
EXIT/ENTRY PROCEDURES: We ask all members to stay in their cars until their class time. Your trainer will come out to the parking lot to get you and ask you a few questions (or take your temp) prior to class. You’ll also need to wash or sanitize your hands before and after class, per TN guidelines. There will be no iPad check-ins at this time.
PHASE 1 GYM RESTRICTIONS: Showers, child care and drinking fountains will not be available the first couple weeks due to strict government regulations. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure you bring a bottle of water with you to class.
UPGRADED CLEANING SCHEDULE: Equipment will be thoroughly disinfected throughout the day after each use. Members will be responsible for wiping down their equipment after each class (per TN guidelines). We’ve allowed for more time between sessions so we are able to clean equipment and our facility more effectively. This includes the regular cleaning of doorknobs, handrails, front desk area, and any other surfaces or objects (ex. pens) that are touched throughout the day. Our facility will also have a deep clean on a daily basis.
UPDATED PROGRAMMING: We’ve updated our workout programming so you will be able to work out in your own dedicated space, and will not have to share equipment during your workout.
TAPING THE FLOOR: We will be taping the floor with 8 x 8 squares, so you’ll have plenty of space to workout in!
INCREASED VENTILATION: We will keep the gym well ventilated by opening the doors when appropriate and adjusting the air conditioning as needed.
HAND SANITIZER & DISINFECTING WIPES: These items will be readily available for your use throughout the gym. All of the cleaning supplies we use are EPA-approved.
MASKS: Our coaches and team will be wearing masks while they are at the gym as long as it’s necessary. We highly encourage you to wear one, too (at least to enter/exit)! We will have a limited supply of reusable masks available at the facility if you need one. Please bring your own if you can. We also have ordered special SCBC masks that will be here end of the month and will let you know when they arrive.
FIT 3D SCANS: A staff member will need to assist you or be notified if you want to do a scan to ensure thorough disinfecting of the room and equipment after use.
HOW CAN I HELP KEEP THE GYM SAFE AND GERM-FREE FOR OTHER MEMBERS?
We are in this together, and we need YOUR help as we reopen to keep our facility as safe as possible.
1. Workout Shoes Only: We are asking that everyone use gym shoes only (no street shoes) in the facility. This will help avoid tracking in any germs or bacteria. Please bring a separate pair of sneakers that you only wear inside the gym.
2. Air High-Fives! As much as we LOVE hugs and high-fives, we’ll be doing air-high-fives for the time being.
3. Hand Washing: Please wash your hands (up to your elbows) for at LEAST 20 seconds BEFORE and AFTER your workout.
4. Keeping Equipment Clean: Please wipe down every piece of equipment each use (with our provided disinfectant wipes or sprays).
5. Please Stay Home If You’re Not Well: If you’re not feeling 100%, please stay home and rest or participate in our virtual sessions until you are feeling better. (Our team will also be following this policy!)
6. Please Avoid “Congregating” In Groups Before / After Class: We also are asking clients to avoid gathering in groups before, during, or after their workouts. Again, this is because of social distancing guidelines. If you arrive early for your workout, we ask that you stay in your car until it’s time to come in.
7. Bring a Water Bottle: Drinking fountains will be turned off during Phase 1 (per government regulations) so please plan accordingly.
Phew! That was a lot to cover! Please know the above may change slightly if government recommendations change or we feel the need to modify the schedule. Thank you so much for your patience as we navigate through the reopening.
We are truly flabbergasted by the amazing support, attitude, and adaptability our SCBC members showed during the shutdown. We could not have gotten through this without you and are eternally grateful for you. We will never forget it!
We can't wait to see you in the gym!
The Scenic City Boot Camp Team